Alumni BFH Chapter China
We are the first foreign chapter of the Alumni BFH and our main target groups are
- BFH Alumni in China- to maintain contact and various forms of exchange
- BFH students- to inform them about doing an exchange semester in China
- BFH lecturers- to establish contacts and provide input on case studies in China
Kun studied Civil Engineering at BFH. He used to work in the automotive industry and now working as Business Development Manager at a construction company responsible for foreign investments into industrial facilities. He speaks fluent German and English with Chinese as his mother tongue. As an open-minded and outgoing person he is willing to organize and participate in all kinds of events. He believes that with friendly relations between China and Switzerland, BFH China Chapter will surely provide more and better opportunities for each and every one of us.
Marco studied business administration at BFH before completing his MBA at Tsinghua University in Beijing and MIT in Boston. He speaks intermediate Mandarin and has built up a thriving social media community in China with more than 450.000 followers, focusing on lifestyle and luxury travel. Marco is based in Zurich and works for the multinational consumer goods company Unilever. He is passionate about China, e-commerce, sales and key account management, brand development, and outstanding experiences in the luxury industry. Committed to strengthening Sino-Swiss ties, Marco is excited about the wealth of opportunities emerging from a respectful and trusting friendship between China and Switzerland.
Kuno was a BFH exchange student in Guangzhou in 2014, which was his first time being in China. After graduation, he spent another semester as a language student in Xiamen and moved to Shanghai in 2019 for work, where he since acts as Deputy GM of the Swiss Centers China; an organization helping Swiss SMEs to develop in the East Asian markets.
Kuno was an apprentice in the Swiss public transportation network, worked for ewb, the Asia division of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and the local Bernese trade fair organizer Bernexpo.
We give support to BFH alumni, students and lecturers in their projects related to China, by
- Organizing two networking events per year in different locations
- Exchanging with other Swiss organisations in China (namely Swissnex and other alumni chapters)
- Providing contacts for any concerns or questions about projects in China
In April 2021, the first Alumni Chapter of BFH abroad was founded. We are three former exchange students, who have stayed in contact with the east Asian country either privately or through business. We are looking for people who would like to build up the Alumni BFH Chapter China with us and join the network.
- an alumna or alumnus of BFH with a connection to China?
- a former BFH exchange student from China
- a BFH student who is planning a semester abroad in China
- a BFH lecturer with an interest in topics related to China
Then you have come to the right place. If you would like to become a member or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the contact form.